Soothers and Skinnies

Soothers and Skinnies
Just a new mom figuring it out....

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Almost 6 Months....

So wow! Who would have thought I’d go so long without writing? My little man is almost 6 months so I feel as if I have a fountain of knowledge I need to write so my later self doesn’t forget it for the second time around. Also been brewing up some home sewing ideas and trying to get out of going back to work! Hahah. Jk. Kinda sorta. I’m pretty sure I’m going to win the lottery before June. 20 mil should do the trick. I don’t want to become obnoxious or anything. In the meantime sleep training is a word I don’t throw around lightly but I guess it needs to happen eventually. I’ve been doing well putting the little man in the crib every single night.. But once he wakes up at generally the 40 minute mark there is no getting him back in there. So I end up in my bed with him. I secretly love it – I think my hubby does too. But alas, we will need our bed back eventually. I live by one rule, no crying it out (CIO) that just tears my heart out. I read about a study on babies that CIO and although they eventually stop crying for their mama a few nights in, their stress level is still as high as it would be if they were crying. They just don’t cry because they know mama is not coming to get them. Did your heart just break? Mine did, again. So anything gentle I’m down for. I love Dr. Sears he’s all about whatever – ‘if this works, great! If not, no big deal’, he’s real. I’m also going to read a couple more chapters of the Baby Whisperer and The No Cry Sleep Solution. I mean, or he can sleep in our bed till he goes to college. I kid I kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment